Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Treasuring Sweet Nothingness...Even Through Chaos

I was having one of THOSE days today.
You know what I'm talking about.

It was NOT, the "multi-tasking mastering, kids-are-so-awesomely-behaved-I-look-like-the-SuperNanny, feeling good about the way I look today" kinda' day.

Oh no, no, no.

It felt more like this...


I knew it was going to be a long day when I could not find anything to wear. AKA, nothing felt right. Then top it off with not being able to wake my child up from whatever sleep spell he had fallen under the night before. Daniel is normally my little human alarm clock. He wakes me up every morning like clock-work. Except for today.

He was in such a deep sleep, he looked and sounded like he had been hibernating all winter. After 5 minutes of pulling blankets off of his limp body, opening all of the shades, and tickling his back, he finally blinked and I knew there was a glimmer of hope...

That is...until I made it into my office. Ay ya yay! One email after another of negative news and deadlines that had to be completed by the end of the day. Really? One person can only take but so many deadlines in one day. Let alone, when they are written with such vengeance you would think we were fighting to cure a disease or win a war. It's just business...Just sayin'.

So I shrugged my shoulders and dashed to and from client meetings, trying to get as many deadlines done as I could. I did NOT finish. But I did NOT let that stop me from smiling and hugging the kids when I gloriously picked them up.

It was the highlight of my day. Daniel redeemed himself by offering to "cook" us dinner. He pushed his little chair over to the kitchen counter and made us all ham and cheese sandwiches. Hubby said it was the best sandwich he had ever eaten. Daniel smiled and Mia laughed.

Amidst all of the chaos during the day, I am thankful. I'm thankful today to have my family by my side, during chaos or calm, eating ham and cheese sandwiches and chuckling at sweet nothingness.

Here's to a positive outlook on whatever tomorrow may bring...


xoxo

2 comments:

  1. And Kudos to you for getting through your hectic day. I struggle with those type of days too just need to think of your positive energy next time ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much love! And kudos to you for being an amazing momma! We all have those days. I find that meditation always helps me to refocus and keeps me centered. Hugs honey, xoxo

    ReplyDelete